Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Gotta love Springtime...

It is April 1. There is no mistaking the signs of the season. Spring is here! I suspect it will be worth the wait. 

chmusings: first spring bouquet
My first Spring bouquet. Color, thanks to daffodils and Forsythia; scent thanks to hyacinths.

chmusings: first asparagus
These asparagus, planted from seed two years ago are still too tiny to pick, but not too small to whet my appetite!

chmusings: forsythia in bloom
This is a first for this young forsythia. She's a little leggy, so a nice pruning will help for next year.

chmusings: bleeding heart
There can be no better feeling of expectation than seeing the new growth of a bleeding heart plant.
It looks like Spring 2014 is going to be lovely. It looks like this snowy winter was good for the plants. I can't wait to see what else pops up out of the decaying leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.