Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sick of the Michael Jackson circus

I am getting a little tired of the Michael Jackson circus. I suppose all of the hubbub is reminiscent of the fact that "entertainment" has taken over society. To some, being entertained is more important than working, learning, loving, and even living. Sadly, it has even been reported that Michael Jackson fans are committing suicide. How sick is that?

Then there is Joe Jackson, crawling out from under his rock to promote his latest get-rich-quick scheme before his son is even laid to rest. His lack of emotion about his lost son makes it easy to see why Michael had issues.

Then we have the Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and the frenzy that always accompanies their rebel-rousing. I guess that's a black thing. I really don't understand it, since I thought we were all supposed to be the same. Was Michael Jackson even black anymore? He certainly looked white. I believe his skin turned white naturally just like I believe he didn't have plastic surgery on his face, as he told Martin Brashares in his infamous interview. Michael simply did not acknowledge a difference between fantasy and reality.

I recognize MJ's talent. I admit that it was mesmerizing to watch him perform. And I will admit that he changed the face of music, but to ignore his bizarre and potentially criminal behavior he bought his way out of, is to ignore the ground beneath our feet.

It bothers me that society went off the deep end when one entertainer, Michael Jackson, died suddenly, but it virtually ignored the loss, just hours before, of another entertainer, a brave, strong woman, whose death was equally tragic. She was just as revered by her fans as MJ was by his. And Farrah Fawcett was an artist. She was a beautiful woman, who was adored by millions. It is sad that her loss was all by forgotten in the media frenzy over the loss of the King of Pop.

Check this out This is ain interesting piece on the death of Michael Jackson. May he rest in peace!

2 comments:

  1. I just want to say to the people who are judging and making up lies about Michael to take your mouth a shut it. Look at yourself. You think your sweet. Let me just say one thing here that I am so sick and tired of that Michael hurt children he didn't. Your false lies need to stop. He gave so much to the children out of the world. He did that because he has a loving heart. I would do the same. What people need to do is look at Michael and see how much he has done. Look and you'll see. This man didn't need to be treated so disrespectful. Next thing that I don't like is the lies that have been going around on the Internet that Michael faked his own death. That is so stupid. Come on now. Michael isn't that kind of man to do that. Boy the man passes and still no one can leave him alone. I also don't like that it is being said that Michael overdosed himself which caused his death. People this is lies. Michael loved his children and family. He wouldn't do that. Stop all these lies and let the man rest in peace. What I think you need to do people who are making these lies about Michael is get a job or find a hobby. You have no right to judge. Who do you people think you are
    I telling you knock it off. I find the lies out of control. Show respect. Would you like it if someone did that to you? No I don't think so. If you have nothing nice to say shut up. Michael was a good dad, excellent with other children, giving of himself, very loving, easy going, thought of others, good hearted, caring, thought of others before himself, good singer, made many people happy, outgoing, looked like a lot of fun to be with, lifted people when they were down, good dancer, truthful, loved nature, made a big difference in the world with his love, showed respect to people all the time, would lend a helping hand all the time for people, always spoke loving words from his heart, had a handsome smile that could melt your heart. People look at the good in people. Michael was a good man. For once people look at Michael and see all the good he has done. He was an amazing man. I know I am proud of him. I really want all the people judging to look at the good in this loving man. Please find it in your heart to stop this. If you have a heart you will. Show love people. Can you please with all this. Michael you'll always be loved and missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting. It is very clear that you were a devout fan; one that is very devoted. You are right that the world lost a naturally talented and unique person the day Michael Jackson died. He has left us all with a rich legacy in his music.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.