Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Springtime, when the Goldfinches take over

I've never seen so many Goldfinches! We usually just call them yellow birds or peeps. Catch a glimpse of one in a cedar tree. From a distance they look just like marshmallow peeps, so popular at Easter. 

Yesterday was a spectacular day--one of the few perfect days--this spring. I wasn't the only one enjoying the day, as these Goldfinches partook of an abundance of sunflower seeds in our feeders. They perched on bird feeders, on the rungs of a nearby tomato cage we are using to protect a newly-planted baby crab apple tree. They frolicked in birdbaths, and even foraged on the ground. It was amazing. When they weren't feasting, they were chirping in the trees, drowning out a distant lawn mower. What a total delight to watch and hear these whimsical little birds take over our front yard!






Posted by Picasa
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Hello there! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be okay. I'm undoubtedly enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.



    my web blog ... sushi maker tupperware

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?
    There's a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Many thanks

    My page Chiropractor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spot on with this write-up, I really believe that this web site needs far more attention.
    I'll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the advice!

    Here is my site Las Vegas Golf Lessons

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.