Thursday, March 31, 2011

Narcissus, daffodils and Springtime

Even on rainy days, the colors found in daffodils and narcissi
can almost substitute for sunshine.

I can't resist picking a bouquet of them
to bring indoors to warm the still-cold temperatures. 

These hardy flowers come from one garden, 
planted in full view of a huge window, 
where they tempt me until I can no longer resist. 

These are some of my favorite flowers, 
probably because they are among 
the first to bloom in the Spring.

I love their almost-transparent pastel yellow petals 
and faded-looking yellow corona. 

The daffodils stand out among the bright and pale 
yellow double narcissi. Together, what a striking combination.

BTW, only 21 more days til Earth Day!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.